Releasing pollutants into the storm drain system or a waterway is prohibited by local ordinance, state, and federal law.
Each topic below offers simple ways to protect our creeks. You will find information on:
- Legal obligations pertaining to storm water pollution prevention.
- Business activities and areas that have a potential to impact local creeks and the Russian River.
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) for business operations to protect water quality.
- Spill Reporting for non-hazardous discharge to the storm drain system.
- Business responsibilities for storm water protection.
Best Management Practices (BMPs)
Best Management Practices (BMPs) Apartment Complex Auto Body Repair Auto Detailers Auto Parts Stores Auto Repair Shops Car Washes Carpet Cleaners Concrete Work Construction Dental Offices Gasoline Stations Home Improvement Center Hotels and Motels Landscapers Mobile Pet Groomers Nurseries Painters Pet and Feed Stores Pollution Prevention Pools Portable Toilets Power Washing Restaurants Stone and Tile Cutting Supermarkets Temporary Erosion Control Wineries, Breweries and Distilleries