IF IT’S IN OUR STREETS, IT CAN GET INTO OUR CREEKS
You can help keep our water clean (and avoid Storm Water Ordinance violations) by following these Best Management Practices (BMPs):
- Check for nearby storm drains before delivery. Additional protections may be needed;
- Have soil, mulch, compost, and rock delivered in the driveway instead of the street whenever possible (street deliveries may require an encroachment permit); Street side deliveries are generally not permitted due to potential traffic safety issues, damages caused to asphalt, and potential water quality impacts;
- Put a tarp under the pile;
- Keep piles at least 2 feet out of the street gutter;
- Cover the pile with a tarp and weights to protect from rain and wind as needed;
- Thoroughly sweep area after removal.